Diesel Fuel Pump
A diesel fuel pump is a high-performance pump which purpose is to supply the diesel injection system with fuel from the fuel tank.
Signs of an improper operating diesel fuel pump
- Inability to start the engine
- Hesitation when accelerating
- Lack of engine performance
Diesel fuel pump maintenance
- A failing diesel fuel pump may cause failure to the diesel injection pump due to the lack of lubrication.
- Replace both diesel fuel pump and fuel filter if the pump fails.
- Problems with the fuel pump wiring, its electrical system or a clogged filter may be misinterpreted as signs of a bad fuel pump. Thoroughly inspect the fuel system before replacing the pump.