CV Half Shaft Boot Kit
A CV half shaft boot kit is a set of replacement suspension parts, which includes a CV boot, grease and clamps to secure the boot to the shaft.
A cracked or damaged CV boot or a loose clamp can allow grease to escape from the cover, resulting in a lack of lubrication and premature failure of the axle shaft. Fortunately, before this happens, you will notice one of the following warning signs of a bad CV half shaft boot kit:
- Cracking sounds coming from the axles
- Grease on the shafts or on the boot
- Clinking sounds when turning wheels
CV half shaft boot kit replacement
- If your CV boot is damaged, replacing the complete axle assembly is usually not required. However, if the axle joints are damaged due to the impact of dirt or moisture, they should be replaced.
- A CV half shaft should be replaced if a previous inspection showed that the shaft was damaged or worn-out.
- When replacing CV half shafts, we recommend you to use factory replacements or high-quality aftermarket ones. This will keep you from occasional CV shaft failures in the nearest future.